Submit MATSim-related news
We welcome MATSim-related news items, job postings, and event announcements for our front page. To submit news, create a pull request on Github.com with the content of your news item in Markdown format. Here’s how to do that:
Instructions for posting news via GitHub
- Log into Github.com (free account required)
- Browse to https://github.com/matsim-org/jekyll-website/tree/master/_posts, the folder containing all of our news items
Create new fileto add a file to the
- Give your file a name in THIS SPECIFIC FORMAT:
2020-03-25-your-news-item.md- the date MUST be in YYYY-MM-DD format and the file MUST end in
- Paste the template found below into your new file
- Edit the author, title, and summary lines. The summary will be shown on the front page as a “teaser” blurb.
- Add your remaining content in standard Markdown format
- Preview your post using the
Previewpane, and when done…
- You’re ready to create your pull request!
Propose New Filebutton, which will take you to the confirmation page:
Create Pull Request
- You’re done!
We’ll either add your content or get back to you soon!
News item markdown template
Copy the entire contents below into your new post, and then edit as needed:
--- layout: post author: Kai Nagel title: "MATSim in the news" summary: "A sentence or two that will show up on the front page." --- Here is my news item. - Use regular markdown for the full news item content. - The header at the top of the file must contain an author, title, and summary
If this is too complicated
If this is just too much, send us an email and we’ll post your item for you.