MATSim-related Post-Doc Position in Tel-Aviv University, Israel
The Geosimulation and Spatial Analysis Laboratory, Porter School of the Environment and Earth Sciences, Faculty of Exact Sciences, Tel Aviv University, Israel have an immediate open position for a postdoc expert in MATSim and Transportation Modeling. The position is for a period of 1.5-2 years with an annual scholarship of 16,500-20,500 euros, depending on the qualification.
We are looking for a suitable candidate which holds a PhD on agent-based traffic modeling with the MATSim. The accepted candidate will join our team for building, calibration and validating A MATSim scenario for the Jerusalem metropolitan area based on cellular phone data and assessing the transportation future of Jerusalem. You will work at Tel Aviv, University, hand in hand with the transportation authority of Jerusalem.
You should have:
- Technical experience and proficiency in Computer Science/Data Science/Statistics/Mathematics.
- Excellent JAVA/Object-oriented programming skills.
- Big data analysis.
- Experience with statistical analysis with R/ Stata/other.
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems and Agent-Based Modelling.
- MATSim experience (mandatory).
- Fleet assignment, dispatching, pooling and optimizations (a bonus).
- Experience of mobile phone data analysis (a bonus)
The Geosimulation lab is looking for a strongly motivated candidate who can work both independently and in a team. The applicant will actively participate in the different phases of the research process, from its conception to writing for publication. Excellent command of English is necessary.
For any other inquires please contact Prof. Itzhak Benenson, firstname.lastname@example.org